Monday, April 9, 2012

He was raised so we would not be guilty, He was raised to take away our sins

Well as you probably more than likely know, yesterday was Easter!! And Easter has been great and all, but up until this year, it never really hit my heart!  I mean I know that Easter is all about the resurrection of Jesus, but I've never let that hit my heart before!  Until today, and man did it hit!  You know how you can be told something time and time again, but it never really does anything for you until you truly believe it?  Well that's kinda the turn my heart took this weekend.
Just thinking and talking about the blood atonement....the "once and for all" sacrifice that was made so that our sins and the things that separate us from God, could be atoned for.  As I was sitting in church yesterday morning I kept thinking about Jesus on the cross, and I've heard people say my whole life that Jesus took the sin of the world upon Himself that day.  I've always thought, man that's crazy because there's a lot of sin in this world.  And then a picture came into my mind, and it wasn't one of Jesus with the sin of the world on Him, rather it was the picture of Jesus hanging on the cross with my sins on Him.  I saw every one of my sins on the one who knew no sin, but became sin so that I could be apart of Him.  Everyone of my sins, was upon the shoulders of the one who loves me more than anyone else could ever love me.  My sins hung upon HIM so that I could share in everything that He had! My sins hung upon HIM so that he could pour His grace and redemption over my life!  It absolutely broke me when I saw that image, and gave me a desire stronger than I've ever had to search my heart and weed out every single sin in my life!  
All my life I have put so much focus on the birth of Jesus and His death on the cross(which is very important) however I've never really thought too much about His resurrection.  But the gospel would be pointless without the resurrection.  Going to church would be pointless without the resurrection...Following Christ would be pointless without the resurrection....without the resurrection our faith and our hope would be dead....we would still be dead.  But HE was raised so that we would not be guilty....HE was raised to take away our sins....HE was raised so that we would have hope...HE was raised so that we would have life in HIM!  The resurrection would be just another historical fact if the power of the resurrection didn't make a difference in our lives.  HIS blood....that blood sacrifice that HE made has never been more real, or more powerful in my heart and life than it is right now.  I praise Him that He opened my heart to see and truly realize and understand the power of the resurrection, and HIS Sovereignty for our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment